mildly articulate. eccentric interests and aesthetics. cunt pride.
I live for Jinkx Monsoon, Arthur Miller, Janusz Korczak, Kurt Vonnegut, The Golden Girls, Azealia Banks, Alexis Mateo and Awkwafina.
I want to love the floppies and make them better because of how beautiful I think they are but if they don’t see it there isn’t much I can do about that and it hurts and sucks but I can’t waste any more time, we only live to like 100 and that’s not nearly enough to get everything done
that horrible moment of realization where all the friends who left you were flops and all the boys who were intimidated by you were flops and all the people who were awful to you were flops and you wasted so so so so much time personally attending to each and every goddamn flop
how much farther along would you be if you weren’t attached to a bag of goddamn floppies who couldn’t concentrate hard enough on what was good about themselves
Sent him a message!
I made a video about this a while back, perhaps I should make another updated version.
Essentially, a transition can be EXPENSIVE. If you have unlimited money, go do whatever you want. If you don’t, here’s some tips.
- Get your measurements and buy some basics in that size. A nice pair of skinny jeans, a basic LBD, a nice pair of pumps. Don’t go psycho at the thrift store; I know that can seem tempting, but if I’d saved half the money I had thrifting during my initial transition I’d be in Versace right now. That being said, thrifting can be an excellent option, just make sure you try EVERYTHING on and buy ONE of each item - make a list of things you think would fit your swag - maybe it’s a flair skirt, or a tank dress, or whatever - and go find them. Look through magazines or fashion Tumblrs for inspiration.
- Makeup and hair products are horrifically expensive. If you’re gonna splurge, do so on tools. Good set of brushes (Sigma! Or Sigma dupes from eBay!), eyelash curler, a five blade razor or epilator. It’s gonna take years to find what foundation vibes with you the best, which blush matches your skin tone, which lipsticks like your lips, etc. Again, don’t go crazy with drugstore makeup. Research EVERYTHING before you buy, and buy ONE. I can recommend a number of good staples that I reuse in this mini list:
- Ardell lashes and DUO lash adhesive
- Urban Decay eyeliner pencils (pigmented as fuuuuck)
- Almay liquid eyeliner
- Vichy/Dermablend fluid corrective foundation (heavy as shit, if you have good skin stay away from this, and if you have lighter skin you’ll need something to mix it with)
- MAC concealer (I’m NC 15)
- Bliss body butter
- Aveno therapeutic shave gel (gentle on your manly leg hair and sensitive skin woo)
- Gilette/Venus Embrace five blade razor
- Batiste dry shampoo
- REMEMBER THAT TRANSITIONING IS TO MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE AND HAPPY IN YOUR OWN SKIN AND TO FORWARD YOUR FUNCTIONING CAPABILITIES IN THE WORLD, NOT TO PLEASE SOME SORT OF EXPECTATION. DO WHAT MAKES YOU LOVE YOU.
- Find things that balance your naturally masculine features. Got a thick neck and broad shoulders? Compensate with jewelry. Nail polish always femmes up a manly hand (especially with fake nails). Remember that you don’t have to be a glamazon. if that’s your shit, go for it, but often edgy/high fashion can be difficult to pull off in these early stages and come of looking abrasive.
- Know your icons. Here’s another list.
- B. Scott
- Andre J
- Grace Jones
- Eddie Izzard
- Annie Lennox
- Pete Burns
- David Bowie
- Mrs. Jay Alexander
- Leigh Bowery & James St. James
- Andrej Pejic
- Jeffree Star, Izzy Hilton, Geoffrey Paris
- Miles Jai, Gregory Gorgeous
- Mathu Anderson
- Grace Towers
- Anything Visual Kei
Hope this helped a bit!
The former South African president died today at age 95. Remember him through his uplifting and revolutionary words.
Lawd, let’s start with “I’m not very attractive.” You and I both know it ain’t a) important or b) true sooooo
but yes I plan on putting out a video about like, things for high maintenance hoes to bring to college and things college has fought me about life so far (nothing lol ps spoilers college isn’t life) but yeah like that kinda mess?
I did an ASMR video on self esteem/confidence/beauty, which you can check out here, but it’s not in my normal format at all. If you aren’t used to ASMR I suggest you get acquainted before watching my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6DViF48ock
Sorry if that came off attitudy! I promise it was all in friendly snark <3
Now look how am I supposed to know am I a witch