mildly articulate. eccentric interests and aesthetics. cunt pride.
I live for you, mama.
Pictured above is the world’s largest indoor farm illuminated by LEDs, which opened this month in Japan. Inside, 18 cultivation racks reach 15 levels high, and are outfitted with 17,500 GE LED light fixtures developed specifically for this facility. The indoor farm can grow lettuce two-and-a-half times faster than an outdoor farm, and is already producing 10,000 heads of it per day. Read more about this breakthrough in modern farming at GE Reports.
Alfredo Barsuglia - Social Pool, 2014
long-term installation on a remote, secret location in the Mojave Desert
Bethann Hardison on racism in the fashion industry.
From About Face: Supermodels then and now
"freshman year of high school. my date was mike dear, who was put in prison a couple of years later for attempting to stab his mother.
"my dress was from 5-7-9 at genesee valley mall."
EYYY THIS IS SO LATE BUT LEMME GO AT IT
I like to play “sit in the middle of a group of people with some food and ask if anyone wants some” and it’s terrifying but people love food
This is college advice too y’all js
Be nice, ask names and hometowns and majors if that’s relevant, keep asking questions without being invasive, don’t make it all about you
And hey if you’re introverted that’s totally cool make that known and be honest about being shy
Sit down and be real. You don’t really owe them anything - maybe they’re looking for someone to support and pat them on the back and identify with, maybe they’re super lonely - if you’re Mother Theresa and not me you may be able to breathe and deal with this but I totally feel you about wanting some fucking space and you deserve it. Let them know that you’re cool with them as a person but need your space and boundaries. Use “I” statements. Don’t back down if they act a fool.
no1 care about crappy rich cis white dude being crappy
if anyone his shit is indicative of the level of privilege afforded to his demographic - google “affluenza” and gag
- Dude take a public speaking class. Can be super duper helpful for anyone, even if you’re not having trouble with what you’d think of as public speaking.
- Think before you speak! If that means speaking slower, go for it. If that means not speaking immediately, go for it. Let the person you’re speaking to know that you need some time to think about whatever, and make sure you can contact them.
- BREATHE omg I swear just breathe sometimes
- My parents took a while, but they got with it. Every little thing was a battle, and I mean since I was like two but especially once this became a public everyday thing, but once they figured out I was serious and understood how much it hurt me to force myself into what I wasn’t, I guess they figured they loved and supported me more than they didn’t like the nail polish. It can still be arduous but ultimately five years later I feel like we’re in a pretty good place
- I don’t know if I’d say I was bullied as opposed to felt generally unsafe and unwanted and unsupported in my environment? Death threats happened and I guess that was bullying and I was probably 90% lucky and 10% smart enough not to get into any real physical confrontations but yeah people talked mad shit and avoided me and even the nice liberal kids acted like I was stupid but that’s misogyny and the idea of femininity being “extra” or “vain” for you yeah fuck liberals in that regard and I have no doubt that should conditions have shifted even a hair’s length, I could have been really fucked and that was terrifying more than anything else
- I had hella therapy to deal with both of them like four years of weekly therapy and I learned to focus on the stuff in my life that wasn’t shitty - I found tools and the personal strength to understand my value and the value of my identity as an intrinsic part of what I have to offer this world. I educated myself about the constructs and intention behind the gender binary and studied methodologies for the elimination of suffering both in my case and via precedent regarding ableism, race, imperialism, etc.
- Remind yourself of you as a child. This breaks my heart at the same time as heals me. Remember what a bright, curious, caring kid you were. You weren’t always angry. Ground yourself in your body and in the oughts of the world, then go fix the are ‘s. Above all, remember that you are in control of your shit. You may need help getting there, but your head and your body is yours and you are powerful and loving.
a) lets not call women “these bitches”
b) yeah that’s shitty you already know